The four-year Bachelor of Arts degree in Media and Journalism is designed to develop multi-skilled media practitioners for smooth transition into today’s media industry. It will provide students with an in-depth understanding of journalism principles, practical skills and relevant techniques.
- Prepare students for a profession in media and or journalism
- Provide students with a detailed understanding of media and journalism theories, concepts and practices
- Equip students with the relevant skills to work in environments relating to media
- Provide a foundation for persons desirous of pursuing postgraduate studies in media and journalism.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Five (5) passes at CXC General Proficiency Level with Grade 1, 2, or 3 OR
- Five (5) passes at GCE Ordinary Level with Grades A, B or C
NB: English Language must be included in the five (5) passes at Grade one.
Applicants must submit a 300-word essay outlining their interest in the field. They will also be required to take a qualifying examination to test their:
- Facility in Language
- Knowledge of current affairs
- Media awareness
Tuition fee per year: $2,750.00
Administrative fee per year: $320.00
Application fees are non-refundable. Programmes of study which are undersubscribed will not be offered.