The leader of the security function at the Barbados Community College this includes the physical security and safety of employees, clients, facilities and assets of the College. You will add value to the function as a member of the senior management team and must have the ability to effectively communicate all security related concepts.
To manage the College’s security function through implementation of security policy, systems, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure the safety and protection of students, staffs and visitors.
- Lead a team of security guards and ensure the development of team members.
- Manage a network of personnel who safeguard the College assets as well as the physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Manage the development, design and implementation of security policy and standards to ensure ongoing maintenance of security, staff education and student/visitor awareness.
- Work with the Board of Management and senior management to prioritize security initiatives based on appropriate risk management strategies.
- Maintain relationships with local law enforcement, state and other related agencies.
- Oversee the incident/accident response process as well as the investigation of security breaches and assist with legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Work with consultants as appropriate for independent security audits.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Certification/Training in security management or law enforcement will be an asset.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- A minimum of five years’ leading and managing a security team or law enforcement team.
- Sound knowledge of security systems, procedures and technologies and related legislation.
- Managing vehicular and pedestrian traffic specifically during peak periods.
- Above average interpersonal and people management skills and ability to communicate effectively.
Salary Scale: Z6-1 $58,585.92 - $68,510.64 per annum
Applications indicating the position in the subject line should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of qualifications and two recent testimonials submitted on or before January 27, 2017 to:
VACANCIES - CONFIDENTIAL
The Chairman, Board of Management, Barbados Community College, “Eyrie”, Howell’s Cross Road, St Michael or
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.