This is a client focused role which requires the efficient management of learning resources and at the same time ensuring that the needs of the library users are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for the daily management and administration of the College Library.
- Champion the development of the College library systems including digital and online.
- Research, propose and implement programmes of training for staff of the Library.
- Liaise with faculty on the information needs of the institution to support present and developing College programmes.
- Responsible for all business services and facilities of the Library this includes financial management, information technology.
- Set up the machinery for facilitating students in the use of library services.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- A Master’s degree in library science or a related discipline
- A minimum of seven years’ as a librarian or related experience at a major library.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a senior administrative/management position.
- Demonstrated leadership and sound business knowledge with an understanding of library business services and facilities.
- Ability to work in a hectic and results oriented environment.
- Computer literacy with advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; strong organizational and analytical skills.
Salary scale: S7 fixed $81,571.44 per annum
Applications indicating the position in the subject line should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of qualifications and two recent testimonials submitted on or before January 27, 2017 to:
VACANCIES - CONFIDENTIAL
The Chairman, Board of Management, Barbados Community College, “Eyrie”, Howell’s Cross Road, St Michael or
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.