Working with the College’s Divisions/Departments, the individual has direct responsibility for leading the course and programme development process through the design, development and production of online, face-to-face or blended learning courses. Candidates with an understanding of competency-based education along with experience with the distance and online modality of delivery would be preferred.
You will also be responsible for training course developers and subject matter experts involved in programme development for the College and guiding creation of course content. These functions they will undertake in accordance with the course objectives and programme philosophy, and also by ensuring that the learning activities and assessment methods are clear and consistent across all units of a course.
- Carrying out on-going assessment of the curriculum design, development and evaluation practices at the College
- Advising the Academic Board and ensuring the adherence to the College’s academic standards in the design of new programmes
- Making recommendations to the College Planning and Advisory Committee (CPAC) for the improvement of the College’s curriculum development systems.
- Monitoring and ensuring that all course syllabi are evaluated and are in accordance with the curricula approved by the Academic Board
- Facilitating curriculum development and innovation in the College
- Working closely with Senior Tutors and Heads of Department in relation to curriculum design and development.
A Bachelor Degree in Social Science from a recognised University
A Diploma OR Post graduate degree in Education
A Master’s Degree in Curriculum Management, Instruction and Assessment from a recognized University
- Training in Distance or Online learning specifically in the Moodle environment
- At least two years working as a leader in the curriculum development process. In particular, the successful candidate should have experience navigating the online and distance environment especially having knowledge in preparing programmes to be offered online.
- Experience in competency based education will be a definite asset.
Salary: S8 Fixed $75,519.96 per annum
Applications indicating the position in the subject line should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of qualifications and two recent testimonials submitted on or before January 27, 2017 to:
VACANCIES - CONFIDENTIAL
The Chairman, Board of Management, Barbados Community College, “Eyrie”, Howell’s Cross Road, St Michael or
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.