The Division of Health Sciences provide education and training to develop the human resource for the island’s health sector, supporting programmes designed to train Pharmacists, Nurses, Medical Laboratory Technologists and Health Information Managers.
The Senior Tutor leads the academic and administrative function by creating synergies and collaborating positively to achieve successful outcomes involving the various teams in the Division.
- Responsible for the overall management of a Division that offers degrees, associate Degrees and certificates.
- Responsible for the preparation of the estimates of expenditure specific to the Division costs’, the requisition of appropriate materials and monitors expenditure including claims made by service providers and over-time payment.
- Responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of staff to ensure that effective teaching methods and practices are employed and procedural standards are maintained
- Assist the Office of Human Resources and Labour Relations in the identification and selection of staff and suitable resource persons as tutors, consultants and examiners and makes recommendations for the filling of vacancies within the Division.
- Make arrangements for the recruitment, selection and admission of students in collaboration with tutorial staff.
- Ensure that student records are completed at the end of each semester and submitted to the Office of the Registrar according to the standards set.
- A Master’s degree in health science or a related discipline from a recognized university.
- A Degree/Diploma in education management/administration or related subject.
- A post graduate certificate in health administration/public health or health management.
- A minimum of seven years’ working in a senior administrative position in an educational, health care environment or with an international/regional health organisation.
- Demonstrated leadership in education management and systems.
- Ability to work with diverse teams to achieve optimal results.
- Ability to collaborate, cooperate and maintain exceptional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Computer literacy with advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; strong organizational and analytical skills.
Salary: S6 Fixed $88,182.48 per annum
Applications indicating the position in the subject line should be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of qualifications and two recent testimonials submitted on or before January 27, 2017 to:
VACANCIES - CONFIDENTIAL
The Chairman, Board of Management, Barbados Community College, “Eyrie”, Howell’s Cross Road, St Michael or
via email to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.