On behalf of the Barbados Community College family, I take great pleasure in welcoming you to Barbados and the College. We sincerely hope that your period of study here at the College will be enjoyable, rewarding and successful.
The College does not provide on-campus accommodation; however, we assist students in finding accommodation that is suited to their needs. Accommodation is available in one of three (3) forms:
- Rental of a bedroom in a 2, 3 or 4 bedroom house with each student having his/her own bedroom and sharing the kitchen, bathroom, and living area, or
- Rental of a one, two or three-bedroom apartments, or
- Living with a host family – this is a requirement for language students.
Cost of Accommodation: The average rent starts at around BDS$750.00 or US$375.00 per month. This is usually inclusive of utilities. The amount of rent charged is usually influenced by factors such as location, type and quality of the accommodation, and other services the landlord may provide; for example, transporting you to College or providing meals.
N.B: The exchange rate is approximately BDS$1.97 to US$1.00. This rate is subject to change.
- Before choosing an apartment or house you need to consider its distance from the college. Your place of residence may require you to travel on public transport. Transport on any public vehicle costs BDS$2.00 per trip. You may have to travel on more than one bus to reach the College.
- It is recommended that you look at several properties before selecting your accommodation and signing the rental agreement.
- Some landlords may require a security deposit – usually a month’s rent – refundable at the end of your tenancy, provided the condition of the property is in the state that you found it when you moved in. The onus is therefore on you to maintain the property in good condition.
Click on the pdf file below to see a list of properties available for rent.
Students encountering difficulties may contact the Accommodations Officer for assistance at email@example.com or telephone (246) 426-2858 Ext 5229.
If you have accommodation available for rent, please contact us for more information on how to get your property listed here.