The BCC Student Ambassador Programme is an exciting student organization of highly selected first year students who represent the College in their second year. Ambassadors promote the College’s programmes and services. They assist with on-campus special events such as orientation, convocation, graduation and seminars, in addition to leading campus tours and participating in off-campus recruitment efforts.
How to become a Student Ambassador?
- Maintain a minimum “Cumulative GPA of 2.75”
- Be in your first year of school
- Full-time student
- Have a genuine interest in assisting others
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (trainable)
- Apply at the Counselling & Placement Centre during the second semester when registration opens
- NAME: Sonia Burgess
- FORMER SCHOOL: Springer Memorial Secondary
- PROGRAMME/MAJORS: Associate Degree in Applied Science - Rehabilitation Therapy Technology
- MY FAVOURITE ACTIVITY: Singing, art and craft, volunteering, adventure and traveling
- MY FAVOURITE SPOT ON CAMPUS: None
- MY ADVICE TO NEW STUDENTS: Never restrict yourself to studies only; participate in an activity on campus such as joining a club or being an active member in a sport to bring balance, exposure and experience to one’s time spent as a member of Barbados Community College.